Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 250r, carbs rebuilt, fuel petcock diaphragm intact, spark, compression, timing, all good and hoses ran the best of my ability with very limited information I can find. Will not start but turns over if I take the air filter out and spray carb cleaner inside it will fire right up and run, fuel valve is set too on, choke is pulled any reason why it decides too be such a chode punch? I’ve rerouted the hoses numerous times in different positions to ports on the carb and gas tank many times fuel filter is not clogged I’m just completely lost on why it will not start

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did it run before the work? You did this work yourself? You can't find manual at library? There should be plenty of info online if you dig enough. My first thought is no vacuum at peacock. Try opening carb drains to see if they have any gas. If they are full something is amiss in the carbs. My buddy with 40yrs experience owns a one man shop and 60percent of his business is carburetors. Proper cleaning and reassembly is not easy. Ok

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did it run before the work? You did this work yourself? You can't find manual at library? There should be plenty of info online if you dig enough. My first thought is no vacuum at peacock. Try opening carb drains to see if they have any gas. If they are full something is amiss in the carbs. My buddy with 40yrs experience owns a one man shop and 60percent of his business is carburetors. Proper cleaning and reassembly is not easy. Ok
It was not running previously I’ve had it about a month got it included on a trade I did, carburetors were already disassembled in a shoe box I went through it all too see what I needed bought a carb rebuild kit and a spring that goes in the diaphragm from local Kawasaki put it together very tediously. Can confirm vac at fuel petcock I can crank with finger on the hose and feel suction. It’ll run on the carb cleaner if sprayed in the air box with the carbs on so I’m not sure if there’s a blockage of some sort somewhere I can’t see. So I’m pretty sure it’s getting fuel might just be a clogged carb I’ll take it off later and tweaker it out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts