Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
As long as you're wearing long pants like jeans or such, you're good. I don't even own riding pants, personally.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wear shorts when I'm taking a shorts when it's hot and I'm not going far. ( 2 miles to school for me) I'd like some riding pants to put over my shorts. I noticed my jeans sometimes don't cover my ankles and its getting cold

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
917 Posts
I wear shorts when I'm taking a shorts when it's hot and I'm not going far. ( 2 miles to school for me) I'd like some riding pants to put over my shorts. I noticed my jeans sometimes don't cover my ankles and its getting cold

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
get some warm socks and buy some of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORCYCLE-...parel_Merchandise&hash=item3cc9859dcd&vxp=mtr

that might be a temporary fix at least!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alpinestars makes the best stuff in my opinion. I have some jackets and a pair of there pants, even some gloves. Some of there stuff is more expensive but you get what you pay for. And I won't lie, I wear jeans and shorts alot of the time too, but if you go down they'll not protect you one bit. Depending on speed, jeans will shread in less than 10 seconds. So just remember, sweat is easier to clean off than blood and stone. Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bern knee pads. Padded shorts, which have plastic built in over the tailbone and hips and over that I wear motorcycle specific jeans. I believe that you are a more confident rider when you have the proper equipment on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Riding gear

Most of the time, I wear jeans, boots, hi-vis jacket with armor, leather gloves, and a full-face helmet. If I am staying on-post, I will slide out with a long-sleeve white shirt, and the other pro-gear.

My son doesn't have any real gear yet. He has a 3/4 helmet and wears eye-pro, his dirtbike gloves, elbow and knee pads that he'll wear along with a long sleeve shirt, jeans, over the ankle footwear, and a hi-vis vest. He is 7. I want to get him a jacket, full face helment, and leather gloves, but that will come in time. I don't take him off-post here in El Paso, and the speeds on post are 25-35 where I do take him.

Soon he'll have all the gear since we are getting him a dirt bike and gear this Christmas...hopefully this is a success and not a flop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with you. It takes going down to understand why you're wearing stuff.

My slow low side when a lady in an SUV cut me off left my jeans with scuff marks on the knees and where I had my phone. Looking at the jeans you'd think nothing happened but my left knee cap had a pretty nasty road burn on it.

I was pretty sure that I'd just use jeans to ride on but now am convinced I will wear proper riding pants with armor or kevlar jeans with armor underneath.

Your jeans *may* protect you some from abrasion but impact is another thing altogether.

ATGATT

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
They seem rigid. I'm not sure how hard or expensive it would be to get a pair shipped to the States. I saw icon, S&S and astars make kevlar jeans though.

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
478 Posts
Jeans alone offer little protection. if you are going to wear jeans, wear some with some kevlar/aramid protection and optional hip or knee pads. Even some type of impact short/pant and knee shin guards are important to wear underneath.

A good pair of padded/armoured riding pants will offer much better protection than plain jeans. Although leather is the best protection, other materials such as Codura, Ballistic Nylon, Kevlar/Aramid Fiber and Suede are being used in motorcycle apparel and as technology evolves so will the level of material durability and protection.

One of the most disregarded pieces of armor you can have is one that protects your shins knees and hips. Lower extremity injuries are the most common injuries sustained by motorcyclist involved in a crash. An estimated 97 percent of injured motorcyclists sustain more leg injuries below the thigh than any other type of lower-extremity injury, with bone fractures being more common than soft-tissue injuries.

Armor can be relatively cheap to expensive, But even a proper fitting cheap pair of leg protectors can prevent a nasty burn, bruise, scrap, cut or abrasion. Remember when you were little and you scraped your knee after a fall from running? Now imagine that fall at 15-60 mph.
Even a simple lay down can result in an injury. Knee injuries can be very serious and you not even know it.

To add another layer of protection, I wear a pair Titan Sport Knee/Shin Armor. They fit pretty good and somewhat comfortable while riding. They're about $17.00. I wear them under my Icon riding jeans and on top of lycra so they don't scratch. I wish I had some of these when my bike fell on my shin years ago.

Keep in mind, skin is too valuable a thing to waste.

The rider in this video survived a crash that could have been fatal. His main injuries were to his hip and knee. Some of his buddies were without armor at all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got my pants. They fit like a pair of regular jeans, not bulky or heavy. The kevlar covers your whole ass and entire knee area (front and back). I'm sure they will hold up better than regular jeans.

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts