Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what a Ninja 250's top speed is? Let's say with a bone stock bike straight from the dealership. My bike struggles to reach 85 so I'd be surprised if it could reach 100.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so I'm not too far off then. Did you test this out yourself minichris? And was this verified with radar or just the speedo?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL. Got it. Don't worry, I'm not a cop. I'm just bummed I couldn't have done the run with you. ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I tried to top speed mine a little while ago, hit 98MPH according to the speedo and it just wasn't having anymore, haha.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I tried to top speed mine a little while ago, hit 98MPH according to the speedo and it just wasn't having anymore, haha.
my '05 hit (indicated) 111. didn't have gps with me though.
Assuming these were the actual top speeds and could have been proven via GPS or radar, that would be a big slap in the face of the new ninja 250 if the old one goes faster.

how much do you guys weigh? What conditions were you guys riding in? And do you have any gearing changes on your bikes?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I weigh about 150 with all my gear, I clocked at 104MPH with the speedo yesterday.

It's said the old 250R is actually faster because it's lighter, but who knows.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm 220lbs and I didn't bother having my gps out... but the speedo was at 100 in full tuck on a very slight downhill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts