Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Do you really get any benefit from cramming the biggest tire you can on the back? I would think when Kawasaki designed the Ninja 250, tires were considered too. And then if you do use that big tire in the back do you have to compensate for the front also?

· Registered
106 Posts
^I just didn't like it. Someone else might like it. Some people like the fatter tire for the looks. At WSMC they run the 150 rear. I tried a 120/150 setup but was getting some slippage which could have been caused by a number of things. On the front I couldn't get even close to the edge. The larger tires add rotational mass as well. I switched to a 110/140 setup and found that's what I like the best. Personal Preference really.
I see. What's WSMC? Is that like the local ninja 250 race series or something? Sounds like the 110/140 is a good compromise.

· Registered
106 Posts
Nice, I just looked up where that is and it's not too far from my place. I'll definitely check that out sometime.

And I found this really cool picture of a race-prepped Ninja 250. I think it looks awesome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.