Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
596 Posts
Wondering if anyone knows whats the biggest size in tire? I've read someone put a 150/70/17. I want to put a wider tire for better performance most importantly looks.
I had a BT021 150/70/17 on mine and it fits fine. I took it off though. If you just want that size for looks then no problem. Mine has plenty of tread left. I'd sell it to you cheap but you're 10hrs away.

· Premium Member
596 Posts
^you can gain contact patch but bear in mind you may be changing the profile of the tire fitting it on a thinner wheel size. Geometry is also affected with taller tires

no compensation necessary

· Premium Member
596 Posts
^I just didn't like it. Someone else might like it. Some people like the fatter tire for the looks. At WSMC they run the 150 rear. I tried a 120/150 setup but was getting some slippage which could have been caused by a number of things. On the front I couldn't get even close to the edge. The larger tires add rotational mass as well. I switched to a 110/140 setup and found that's what I like the best. Personal Preference really.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.