Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

throttle handlebar housing issue

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Ghostt 
#1 ·
so i cleaned my carburetor on my 93' yesterday because it was giving me issues, and got it working perfect, now when i reattached all the cables and such the throttle wouldn't return after twisting it. i took apart the housing and cleaned it and everything, the cable has no kinks and all springs and stuff work fine, i just don't understand why it won't return naturally. i have a 97' also and i took apart that housing, looked the same and when i reattached it, it also didnt return but after some adjusting it did, but my 93' won't budge. any suggestions. i've lubed everything, checked all springs, checked all cables, i'll take the some pictures later

#6 ·
1200~1300 RPMs, have you done the pilot jet screws? If so you just need to dial those in properly

Warm it up, turn 1 side pilot screw in until the rpms drop, then back out till RPM's peak (and no further)* Twist throttle...see how it reacts...tweak to taste.
Repeat on other side... test ride. You're looking for best throttle response and transition from just cracked to 1/4 throttle opening or so.*

Also check for any vacuum leaks, and all the carburetor boots are installed properly.

Thats a quickie, 10 cent tutorial on setting pilot screws.**

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.