Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was recently riding my 250 and all of a sudden it lost power. I come to find out it's running lean but I cannot figure out why. I've taken the fuel tap out and disassembled it, checked the plugs against the engine, ran a leak down test and compression test, cleaned the jets in the carbs, synced the carbs, checked the battery, put fresh fuel in, put a new fuel filter in, and the bike still runs lean. I don't know what to do at this point.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to clarify, I can drive the bike, but it is very weak and sometimes requires choke especially when not fully warmed up yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a K & N filter in the snorkel all else is stock. I haven't messed with the air filter but I know nothing is inside it.

There isn't any debris in the gas line as far as I know. I'll double check that today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still having the issue. I checked the fuel level in the carbs which were fine and the tank spits out 20cc of fuel per second... It was recommended to me that I check the fuel flow out of the drains on the bowls but I have yet to do that. I went ahead and ordered new float valves with the rear tire so I'll just swap those and see if the problem persists.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts