Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are other sprocket threads but I have a few other questions. I just bought a new 2012 and like everyone else notice the high rpms. I read that a 15 would help. 1. Do I need to buy a new chain? 2. Do I need a new rear sprocket to combine? 3. Anyone give me a link to purchase what I would need at a reasonable price? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is ne mod needed with just a new front sprocket? If I reduce the rear?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Is ne mod needed with just a new front sprocket? If I reduce the rear?

No mods are needed for a 15th sprocket. You can use the stock chain even if you reduce the rear sprocket down to a 42 tooth.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't affect the warranty does it? Should I wait til break in period is over or break it in with new sprocket setup

·
Registered
478 Posts
Doesn't affect the warranty does it? Should I wait til break in period is over or break it in with new sprocket setup
No it will not. If you don't have the right tools or help to do it yourself, let the dealer do it for you. The sprocket nut can be a pain to get off initially.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I changed the front sprocket myself about a week ago. Definitely recommended. I have an '07, but I'd imagine that it's somewhat the same process. For me, the hardest part was getting the sprocket cover off. The previous owner had never cleaned it and "gunk" had built up like crazy and basically glued the cover on. That took me 30 minutes to an hour to get that off. Once I got it off, it only took about 20-30 minutes to replace the sprocket. It wasn't too hard at all. I followed the step-by-step at ninja250.org, but I think I could've figured it out.

You also have to loosen and push forward to the rear wheel to loosen the chain enough to get the old sprocket off and put the new one on.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What would b an ideal sprocket for highway use?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts