Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

So basic new rider questions..

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BoBo 
#1 · (Edited)
So I'm in the process of purchasing a 2008 Kawasaki ninja 250, went down yesterday and she checked out. Beautiful bike. Now I'm wondering if I could get some basic rider tips when it comes to the 250. As well as some recommendations regarding gear for those on a tight budget. I'd like to go full gear if it fits within my budget. I currently have a nice Kawasaki leather jacket and helmet which are like new that I received from the previous owner. I live in Pennsylvania so the humidity is something horrendous in the summer time so I'm looking to also purchase some more breathable gear. If you guys have any suggestions please let me know. Also in regards to loading and unloading the bike we are loading it into the back of our pickup via ramp and tie downs. Wondering opinions and tips on that as well.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Get air jackets from Alpinestars. The breathe-ability is great on hot weather even with triple digits. I got the T-GP R air jacket and it's been great so far. It's partial mesh and textile, just buy a back protector. So your from the mid-west I see, you must have plenty of room to ride.

I'm from NorCal, it's a bit clogged up here compared there. I never tried putting a bike in the back of a truck, but be careful and make sure you have a person assisting you on pushing it up while you steer. Check out this link:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.