Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Backgroud. I've been shopping for a 250 for several months. Found a CL bike for a bargain. $875 IMG_5094.jpg Ridden by a kid that didn't know what he was doing, of course he crashed, smashed it good on both sides. He got a check from the insurance, spent it and did nothing with the bike.This was last March. Hasn't run since then. So I buy it, start scrounging Flea Bay for decent used parts. I got it running the first day, starts and runs very well, the battery may actually still be good. Anyway, the parts are going on and have the new rear sets, shifter assembly etc. on the bike.
It goes into first and neutral without issue, it will not shift up, into second.
I'm guessing the impact of the crash may have have got something stuck, shifter, gear, shifter fork, or other. I have the service book, but its not the kind I'm used to. Doesn't seem to offer much in the way of trouble shooting.
I don't really know where to start before I begin dissasembling something I don't need to. So I really hope some of you guys here may be able to help. I can't wait to ride this bike. I got it to commute and know about the tremendous MPG.
Thanks, let me know.
Paul
[email protected]

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know this sound stupid but try the ninja 300 form alot of people know there shit in there or u could Google it don't know how much that would help but nice bike anyways

Sent from my M886 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts