Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I have just got back from an MOT and the rear shock on my 09 250 is seized! (bike only has 13k miles on it!)
got a quote of £600 to fix it...
I have had a look on ebay and can pick up a good condition second hand shock for £70.
I am thinking of having a go myself I have some experience, I have a paddock stand, and am able to get the back wheel off.
Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, i have a had a look around and the only guides i can find are for the old ninja 250.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Find and download a service manual for the '08+. You will have to support the bike without using the swingarm or anything connected to the shock. It isn't too hard to change the shock. From what i hear a gsxr 600/750 shock fits. Can be bought used for a fair price too. Supposed to be a good upgrade to do. If you don't find any search results here try ninjette.org. if you have to replace it might as well use a better one for close to the same price.

sent from my fone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks the service manual is great, i didn't think to look for that.
Yeah thank ill have a look and see whats out there.
In a bit of a rush to get it done to get it through its MOT, its my only transport at the moment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have changed the shock for one off eBay, took apart cleaned up and greased all of the linkages and put shock in.
Its still way to hard,
apart from the replacement shock also being seized what else could be wrong with it?
I'm all out of ideas!
any one have any ideas?

EDIT:
Loosened up the linkages works well now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts