Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm another freakishly tall guy that's going to be getting his first bike soon. Yes, yes... before people tell me that there are other threads about this, I have read a few of them. The problem is, that most of these other "tall rider" threads are guys that are 6'2" or 6'3".. Well... I'm 6'6" 235 lbs, 35" inseam Any other really tall guys out there with 250Rs, or that have at least driven a 250R? The obvious answer to this is to go test drive one, which I will be doing after I get my endorsement (class next weekend!). I'm mostly just going to be using this for an around the city bike, I won't be doing much highway travel, and I probably wouldn't be caught dead on the interstate around here (Well, actually, yeah... if I were caught on the interstate I likely would be dead). I sat on a 500R and the posture felt pretty good, but as it stands, my insurance for 250R would be 500/yr, and a 500R would be 1.1k/yr. I can't justify paying that much more for the insurance if I'd be fine and happy with a 250. The place I went to, surprisingly, didn't have any 250Rs; I think they'd just sold both of the ones they had the day that I went in (near closing time).

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to look at just liability, I think those quotes were for just a little more than liability. But, to that tee... I'm 23. That's why the values are so high xD

·
Registered
24 Posts
I need to look at just liability, I think those quotes were for just a little more than liability. But, to that tee... I'm 23. That's why the values are so high xD
I'm 24, I pay 100 a year for liability.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Who do you get your insurance through, if I may ask?
Progressive. I do have a discount for completing the MSF course, I pay 100 a year for liability on my 250 and my fiancé s 49cc moped together.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
917 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, that was for complex insurance, as I thought. I knew that sounded expensive I was just busy at work yesterday and didn't bother to email my insurance lady back.
She's quoting me 230 for just liability for the 250... that still sounds a little spendy. That's with All State and she said they don't do a discount for having a MSF class.
Needless to say, I'll be shopping around for more reasonable insurance.

Insurance stuff outta the way, any other tall guys with 250s? Opinions?
I'm leaning on looking into a 500R if I can find one, I've been told that the longer body might fit me better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts