Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently completing my last year of highschool and am looking at buying a NINJA250r in about 6 months when its all over. I currently have a car but i will not have it at the end of the year and am looking for a cheaper, more exciting and convenient way of transport. It would be ridden as a mode of transport from home to university and general transport. I currently have a little 180cc thumpster dirtbike which i love and am very keen to get a ninja.

Keen to get posting and read some threads.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
The only thing I would tell you is to look into the price of owning a motocycle, unfortunantly you don't save quite as much as you might think unless you commute daily around 50 miles (100 km) or so. Because the maintanance on a motorcycle needs to be done a lot more often than on a car, that being said a bike is WAY more exciting and fun to ride then a car so its still a great tradeoff :)
Best of luck

Sent from my HTC Vision using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done a fair amount of research into gear and research into running costs. I think it'll be the right choice for me as i am currently earning $300+ a week during school and will try to earn more between the end of school and university. My father currently owns a Harley and the upkeep is more then i thought it would be but it would be my only expense other then rent per week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts