Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I know there are a few people in here from the Phoenix area, so I thought it would be a good idea to gather them all up here and maybe have a group ride sometime. I personally am in North PHX, right around Thunderbird and 21st St.

I am going to the MSF course this weekend, starting tonight, and after that I'll be calling like crazy to find an 08/09 250R (any leads appreciated). A short time after that we can maybe get together and drive around a bit.

I live about two blocks from the Buddy Stubbs Harley dealership, and there's a couple other bike shops around here, but you mostrly see Cruisers or Choppers in this area.

Anyway, report here.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I'm not from Az... Just a welcome to the site eh...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have some news. I just came back from the MSF class and I am definitely convinced about riding a bike. So the offer is still on the table. "Sign up" here for a get-together in the Phoenix area.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am in the gilbert area, got my lisence yesterday and have 50 miles so far, what about meet up at the show on Nov 1st or 2nd?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great idea. I still don't know if I'm going just one day (and which) or all three. I'd like to sign up for a demo ride.

I'll confirm in a few days.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I won't be able to make it to the show. I will be out of town that weekend.

And it's a true shame. I was really looking forward to try some of the bikes there, especially since yesterday I got my license endorsed and bought most of the gear I'll need.

I am still looking/saving for a bike, though, but once I get that too, I'll give another shout out for a get-together.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yeah i know they had a few of the 08s left over at the casa grande kawasaki dealership, but dont know if they still have anymore. But if you guys ever get together for a ride keep me posted

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure thing.

I found a bike in MI, and I'm having it shipped this week. It still cost me at least $1000 cheaper than buying locally. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright everyone, I think I am ready for a small group ride.

Anyone care to join me? If some interest is shown I could start another thread to get the details.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it really just the two of us here from Phoenix? I was thinking about getting something a bit bigger going on here, but we would need more people.

Which day would work for you, tsufidi? Saturday morning, maybe?

·
Registered
39 Posts
im planing to move out to peoria area sometimes within the next 6-8 months, so i'll definetly join you guys once im out there :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Phoenix is like a number of communities where there are lot of retired folks living in nursing home environments and this is an illness that preys on the weak.I'm in the middle of Baghdad for the time being. If you guys get something ongoing, I'll try to hop on when I make it back to the world.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts