Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After my chain broke on me last week, I decided that it was a good time to do the 12,000 mile service.

I did the valve clearance check and installed the proper shims
Flushed and replaced the coolant
Synchronized the carburetors
Replaced the chain(obviously)
Changed the oil

After putting the bike back together, I took it for a test drive, and it was running like shit.

It is powerless on acceleration. The motor sounds good, but it is running like a moped!

I have also noticed that when I disengage the choke it will die, and I can't get it started unless I reengage the choke and open the throttle.

I pulled the fairings off and checked all of the connections, and I found that the a ventilation hose that was going to a little plastic reservoir on the side of the gas tank had come off. After not finding any other loose connections, I put it back together and went for a ride. It ran a little better, but still no power.

Could it be too much clearance on the valves? When taking readings with my feeler gauge, I recorded the measurement when I was able to insert it with a little resistance. I was able to jam in larger sizes if I really tried, but I figured that this was not the proper way of doing it.

It's a 2011 250 with just over 12000 miles.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry not to offer any answers, but . . .

I drive a 2002 EX250F.
I read you post and feel your pain, man!
Did you get any help, locally. If necessary, I would ask my mentors.
Let me know how you are moving forward. I'll see my mechanix tomorrow.
"Sarge"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts