Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After what I feel was sufficient research, haha....I have purchased a 2006 black ninja 250 and will be taking my MSF course within a week. Just tired of riding on the back of my boyfriend's bike, it was time for me to get my own.

The 250 seemed to be the logical choice... as a female around 125 lbs, I think this bike will serve me just fine, perhaps for a few years to come. I do imagine if I enjoy riding, I will want to upgrade eventually...but even my boyfriend who has a much larger & faster bike, agrees that it's a fun little ride.

Hoping to get out for a little practice this coming weekend...though it is quite cold in VA at the moment. I got good deals on some Alpinestars boots, an Arai helmet, and just recently purchased my first jacket. Trying to get geared up asap in case I lay it down learning...which could very well happen. Thinking I may take the fairings off until I get a little more comfortable...the bike is in great shape.

Looking for a owner's manual on Ebay, I'd like to do a bit of the maintenance myself and learn more about my bike. Hoping to get some good maintenance and riding tips on this forum as well! Excited to start riding!

·
Registered
119 Posts
+1 on the twist of the wrist. @125 lbs the 250R has plenty of power and will keep you entertained for many years. Plus the maintenance on these bikes are dirt cheap. Maybe after a while you might get into the ninja 300. I really like that bike, it's like a better version of the 250. Anyways, have fun here and good luck to your riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts