Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out with a 2010 KLX250sf back in Fenbruary, a lot of fun, but it wasn't enough....

Went back to the dealership to see my options walked out with a 2009 Ninja 250r, red, 2900 miles, $3400, only $200 more than the KLX.

I love it. Put 300 miles on it so far in about 3 rides.

I'm taking the PA motorcycle safety course right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, Ohio? I'm gonna make a trip out there sometime in May. My grandparents live in Lewisburg, outside Dayton, so i figured i'd drop in for a visit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well, they're very different bikes, I thoroughly enjoyed the klx, but i found myself wanting for a little more power, even as a beginner.

It was the perfect bike to learn on, but I was really pushing the bike when I tried to go above 75-80 mph. The seating was ok, more comfortable then a standard dirt bike, and it was very very light.

It's a damn good looking dual sport 250 cc compared to the honda or suzuki competitors. It did have a major problem with starting in temperatures below 50 F. and i found on another forum that other klx users were having the same problem. it wasn't a big issue with kawasaki because they didn't get enough complaints to justify a product line factory fix. I had to push start the bike more often then I could start it normally (from cold).

that was the only real issue i had with it.

the other thing i wish was better was the fuel tank. it's a small tank ~2.0 gallons and there was no fuel gauge, thank god for reserve...

it's a 250 but it's only 1 cylinder so you don't get the same 'umph' as you do with a 2 cylinder. I took it on some gravel access roads and it was fun, but i didn't get too messy.

The new riding posture took a little getting used to with the Ninja 250, and I wish the shifting pedal was a little adjustable, and that the handle bars were a little bit wider, but ...

I can definately feel the g-forces when I hit 5k-8k rpms which i love. I bought the bike used with 3k miles and a nice 2brothers exhaust. my genitals aren't the happiest when I hit a bump, but that's consistent with all sport bikes...lol I do with there was a fuel shut off knob, i like to use it as a security measure, turn the fuel lines off when i park it.

that's all i can think of right now, but I like the ninja a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts