Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2012 Ninja 250. It did not come with an owners manual. I noticed yesterday, that underneath the seat cowl there is an opening that has exposed fuses. My question is does this opening need to be covered? I had a strap for a seat bag tied near this that I removed and think the cover may have come loose and fallen off during a ride?? I have taken some pictures since I am not familiar yet with what everything is called. Please forgive me for my ignorance. :redface2

Next question - If this is in need of a cover, what is it called and where would I order one.

I appreciate all help.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oh yeah,that's definitely suppose to be covered up. The P.O. probably rode it with blown shocks or didn't adjust the rear spring preload to his weight. He must have been a heavy guy or got some air with the bike, but don't think about it that way.

That hole could have been cut for a couple of reasons.
1. owner needed to replace something but was too lazy to take the bike apart
2. owner blew his shocks or didn't adjust the preload to his weight rode it like that, got tired of the rubbing noise, so he made a big cut on the plastic.

Go to Kawasaki Parts House or ebay if you want to find a cheaper replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding. I appreciate your help. What replacement part am I going to look for? Need to know the name.

·
Registered
478 Posts
From the looks of the hole, the previous owner had the bike lowered too much and it rubbed a hole (common), so he probably just cut a perfect hole to fit the tire.
To replace it will require a little work and patience. The part you need is

FENDER-REAR,FR
35023-0101

1 - 5 of 5 Posts