Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have this weird noise that comes from my bike when i'm riding in low speeds or if i have my clutch pulled in and i'm rolling to a stop at a red light. I have no way of recording the sound and I have no idea what/where the noise is coming from. If someone in San Diego is free over the weekend or has 15 minutes to spare on Sunday or something, I would like to come over to your place and have you ride my bike and see if you have ever heard of a sound like this on a bike. or maybe if you have a helmet cam, we can record a short clip and put it up on the forums.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It's hard to tell what you mean, without actually hearing the sound. People describe sounds differently. However keep in mind that the Ninja 250 is a noisy bike and makes all kinds of weird 'normal' sounds. As the bike gets more miles on it and parts wear it will sound differently.

How old is your bike?
How many miles on it?
What condition is it in?
Does the sound come from the front or back?
Is your chain loose, dirty or rusty?
Are your brake pads worn done and scrubbing metal on metal?
Does the bike make a screeching sound at a certain speed?

Do your brakes or chain look like the attached pics?

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope, my bike has 2900 miles on it, its a 2010. I had changed the oil last thursday with Mobil 1 synthetic and K&N filter and cleaned the chain with WD40 and toothbrush and lubed the chain as well. the chain does not look no where near that loose at all. it looks fine. the pads seem like they have a lot of life left in them. I will take a picture this afternoon during my lunch and put them up.

As for the sound, i think it comes from the front.

one thing i just noticed on top of this and i just noticed this while seeing my bike from the back is that the break light does not activate while just using the front brakes. My brother was riding that bike so i can shoot the video and the break light only turned on when he was applying the foot break only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts