Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep!

Tomorrow at 4am I will be hopping on the 250 and heading up to Washington state.
KawiKrissy will ALSO be riding her 250 :)
with my dad leading the way on his Harley and my mom at the rear in our car.

We are going to try to make it to Oregon by tomorrow night, then its only an 8 hour or so ride to Seattle. Hope to be there by Thursday evening and then we get our keys to the apartment on Friday. Crazy! Moving is hard =x

The bikes are bone stock. I would have liked to change the gearing... but that didn't work out in time!

So I guess we will see how these things hold up on a 1196 mile trip :)

The only minor things we did (or major, depending on who you are) was change the oil and lube the chain... and wash it :)

Not sure when Ill have have the internet going! So take it easy everyone and ride safe!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes please have a safe ride. Come back to socal in november when the weather tells you to put the bike into storage. ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well! I almost made it safely =x
About 10 minutes from my friends house just outside of Seattle I got in an accident. Ill post pictures of the bike soon as soon as I can find my card reader :)

Now on to what happened:
I had just left a stop light and gone through the intersection when something to my left caught my eye. I glanced over for only a second to see that it wasn't a threat. When I looked back in front of me all the cars had stopped. I'm not sure if I hit my back brake at all, I did however hit the front break to hard and the front end took a dive and slid the 15ft into the back of my girlfriends car.

From what I understand from the drivers in front of all this, a car went to make a left turn but didn't pull all the way into the turn lane which caused the cars to stop suddenly.

I can't remember what my following distance was to the car in front of me, but it was definitly more than 2 seconds.

Damage to the bike:
Right side fairing scratched all over and cracked above blinker.
Blinker gone.
Right handle bar is bent inward towards the gas tank.
Small dent in the gas tank from handle bar.
Front upper is cracked badly.
Right rear set is cracked in half with the peg dangling.
Rear brake lever is dangling and bent in half.

Damage to me:
Compression fracture in my wrist.

I was wearing a full suit of textile that I had just bought (Jacket: Fieldsheer, Pants: Tourmaster), a full face helmet (Icon) and leather gloves and boots (Both: Alpine Stars). The jacket had a small tear in the right elbow area due to sliding across the ground. But that was the only area compromised besides the helmet.

To top it all off, I got a ticket for $175.00.
Since my bike tapped the back of my own fiances car it was considered a collission.

The cop said I could fight it easily though, so I might do that.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Oh mercy! Sorry to hear of this. Glad you're ok though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
; (

Sorry your trip ended up like this! I hope the remainder of your trip is better for you and your family. Washington State is gorgeous.
I lived there for 10 years. I lived in Vancouver, Wa. If you ever want some beautiful scenic roads, go up to Skamania, Wa area, Washougal to Goldendale is a beautiful drive. The road where the columbia gorge is beautiful.

Good luck to you.

Hey, if ya love donuts and your in Portland Oregon, try VOODOO DONUTS, they are open 24 hrs. The best damn donut you will ever have. Next time keep one on ya, so when Johnny law gets ya, you got his back.(lol) And no, no disrespect for the po-po, as my husband is retired LE and we joke around about donuts all the time.

:righton

·
Registered
229 Posts
wow.....

Sorry to hear that you got quite the welcome in WA.
I use to live in Tacoma area, i cant imagine riding my bike there at all.... its wet 8 months of the year, and almost always cold. Plus the roads are gravel covered...

WEll i hope that you get better soon. Fight that ticket and get the bike all fixed up.

Want to buy my race body? hehehe :)

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Off topic:

Hey, if ya love donuts and your in Portland Oregon, try VOODOO DONUTS, they are open 24 hrs. The best damn donut you will ever have.
:drool donuts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
mmmm... donuts.

What was the ticket for exactly? I don't think I've ever heard of someone getting a ticket for an accident. Maybe for something that led to the accident, but not for the accident itself. Enlighten me hairy one.

·
Registered
229 Posts
so i went searching for donuts earlier and everyplace was closed by 7.....

Now i have to get up earlier tomorrow....

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
The cop said "In the state of Washington you are required to be in control of your vehicle at all times" and wrote me a ticket.
Sucks you got a ticket, but I'm sorry, that's kind of funny. :noteeth

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
you should get a dozen donuts and eat it all infront of the cop. yum....
I think we all should get a dozen donuts and eat them in defiance of Werewolf getting a BS ticket. :biggrin2

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
If you want to get fat, be my guest, but I'm not getting near those fried, fat-makers you people call donuts. :nono
:rolleyes2 It was a joke! I can barely eat one donut let alone 12. My stomach cannot handle that much fat. I keep in good physical shape. (disclaimer: this is my personal view and what I want FOR ME so please no one take offense to what I am about to say.) I would rather die then get fat.
But hey ...................................... a donut once a year never hurt anyone. Right. :laughing2

1 - 20 of 26 Posts