Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Head Janitor
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 100% Synthetic Ester, viscosity remains constant at high temperature, resist viscosity break down twice as long as conventional oil etc... Do you really feel the difference at all? After 300+ miles, yes I do but not by much. The engine seems to be smoother at high revs, and it revs up a bit faster, compare to before. I don't feel as much engine vibration at high RPM, 8000-11000, on the handle bars compare to before. It also idles a bit higher, maybe due to the fact it it can moves more freely because of the better lubricant. However, what I feel is not nearly as important as does it really protect the engine from wear and tear? I don't know that until many thousand of miles down the road. For about $15/quart, it's almost 3x more expensive than regular oil. Since I'm going to put more than 27k miles on this bike per year, that's about $270 of just synthetic oil alone if you change it every 3000 miles. Is it worth it? :dunno

·
Registered
80 Posts
I felt a pretty significant difference in the way my bike ran once I switched to 300v. I recommend it to everyone.

·
Head Janitor
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure which one is better, but synthetic after a bike is fully broken will help you sleep better (regardless of brand I guess). :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts