Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

NEW paddock lift. It safely and securely lifts both wheels off the ground. Very easy to use and is great for cleaning, storage and working on the bike. This stand now features a locking pin that locks your bike to the stand so can never fall off the stand. The Kit comes complete with two bushing that are installed on the bike. It is available in two versions. One with wheels and one without wheels.

It is available for the:
2003-06 ZX 636
2009-2010 ZX6R
2008-12 Ninja 250R
1999-05 ZRX 1100/1200

http://www.motomfg.com/MotoMfg_paddock_stand_Kawasaki_p/ps-8.htm

·
Registered
917 Posts
That's pretty pricey for me..

I've been thinking about getting one of these from harbor freight. I'm sure there's more advantages to the one you posted, of course. But, with a coupon I got on ebay, this lift from harbor freight will only cost me $60 which is about half the original price

it'll do the job for me though. The 250's are very lightweight, so getting both wheels off the ground should be a breeze

the main advantage of the one you posted is the locking ability to ensure if won't fall off.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend of mine has the one from harbor freight for his cruiser. He also has a Ninja 250. The lift is too big for it and the Ninja is uneven and has no frame on the bottom, so it doesn't sit right.

·
Registered
917 Posts
A friend of mine has the one from harbor freight for his cruiser. He also has a Ninja 250. The lift is too big for it and the Ninja is uneven and has no frame on the bottom, so it doesn't sit right.
which model 250 are you talking about? Neither has a frame at the bottom, as you're right on about that

it's not a huge issue for me, necessarily because the 88-07's come with a centerstand as well as a side/kickstand. The centerstand only supports the rear wheel though so working on the front can be a pain.

I suppose with the centerstand down, I could just use a regular floor jack and support the front wheel. The centerstand would be down (and touching the ground) only to balance the bike since I obviously wouldn't want to lift both wheels off the ground with just the average floor jack

·
Registered
917 Posts
Expensive....yes, but you could get most of your money back if you sold it with the bike. People sell bikes with accessories all the time.
very true. Of course, I'd only sell it if I never planned on getting another bike or any similar situatiion

But I suppose for me with my current bike, there's no huge need for this particular lift. I would only ever use it when I need to support the front end of my bike; as I've said, my bike has a centerstand.

But thanks for sharing this, DaBlue! I think if I had the newer model, I would definitely be looking at buying it, and I'll keep it in mind going forward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.