Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow, that seems like a pretty good way to break into Ninja 250 racing. What kind of speeds to those things reach?

·
Registered
106 Posts
So it sounds like there are Ninja 250 racing series' around the country, am I right? What do you have to do to make a Ninja 250 race ready?

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
So it sounds like there are Ninja 250 racing series' around the country, am I right? What do you have to do to make a Ninja 250 race ready?
Go on your local club or series website and check out the requirements. A bunch of safety wiring, remove blinkers, lights etc...
haha...so it sounds like a really slow race then with these bikes. Then again, how much faster is your bike? What did you do to it?
I kid. I've just done the usual nothing special

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks. I'm nowhere at the level to start racing a ninja 250 but maybe one day I'll get there. Might be nice to head to my local track and check out some races in the meantime.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks. I'm nowhere at the level to start racing a ninja 250 but maybe one day I'll get there. Might be nice to head to my local track and check out some races in the meantime.
Hey 250guy, I'd be interested in heading to the track to watch some Ninja 250 racing myself. Let me know if you'd want to ride up together. I'm down in Long Beach.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dang, I missed it. I was spending the weekend with my lady. :)

There are a few things that (temporarily) take my mind off my ninja 250. hehe...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thats my plan... once I upgrade to a bigger bike I want to learn to track my 250! That would be so AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thats my plan... once I upgrade to a bigger bike I want to learn to track my 250! That would be so AWESOME!!!
It really isn't that hard. The only thing you really have to do to get your ninja 250 ready for trackdays is tape over the lights, make sure your tires are in good shape, and most importantly, replace the coolant with water and/or water wetter. After that, you'll have the time of your life!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Racing a Kawasaki Ninja EX250r / Miami Florida

I know I am jumping into this a little late but I wanted to direct you to another source for racing Ninja 250's. This one is out of South Florida.

www.facebook.com/specclassracing

A good place to learn how to get on the race track is by riding mini bikes at your local go kart track. A lot less expensive than the big bikes and sets a good foundation to build from. Riding the minis at 45 / 50 mph is a little less intimidating than just taking it to the big track right away. Most Moto GP, AMA, WSBK champions start this way. See the link below for one of the many mini racing associations. Classes are offered for youth up to adults.

http://www.semra.org/

http://www.FLAMRA.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts