Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I upgraded my rear tire to 150/16/60 !!

Hey everyone..

I have a 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 that i upgraded the rear tire to Diablo Rosso 2. I must say that I simply love this tire. For those of you that want to upgrade and are nervous about it fitting or rubbing. Well the 150 fits fine. I actually had 140/17/70 Pirelli's but upgraded last week to the 150. Overall riding on the highway is much more stable not to say it was bad before but it rides very smooth. When making turns or corners I'm still getting use to it because i cant flick to lean anymore. I have to use more body lean which i'm fine with.

Feel free to ask me questions..

2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250
Yoshi Full Exhaust System
Dino 2 Kit
Rear 150/60/16 Diablo Rosso 2
[email protected] Air and Oil Filter

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Here's the pic from the OP's gallery:

150/60/16 Diablo Rosso II rear tire

(I do question the accuracy of the 16" part though as a 16" tire would not normally fit on a 17" rim.)

Supposedly up to a 160 wide will fit on the stock later gen 250 rear, but the profile will be a bit odd and you'll have to modify the chain guard.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Can you post a pic of the bolts you are talking about? It might be your chain adjusters if I am guessing right. I can look up the specs for you then.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Ok, those are the bolts for the chain adjusters. `

Best to check a few things first:

First, make sure the drive chain freeplay in the middle of the bottom span is correct. (0.8 - 1.2 inches.)

Make sure the chain adjuster index marks are the same on both sides, and that the chain runs straight over the sprockets. If not, readjust the chain tension so that the chain runs straight from the front to the rear sprocket. Recheck the chain freeplay.

Make sure the rear axle nut is tightened to 72 ft/lbs. Replace the cotter pin in the axle nut.

There is no specific torque value for the adjuster nuts (closest to the end caps) and the lock nuts. Manual just says "tighten securely."

Did you change out the rear wheel yourself or did a shop do it?

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Sorry for the lag, had some things to do....

Anyways, good news is that you found them, reality is, as long as the axle bolt was properly torqued you would not have been in any real danger. (Axle will hold the position pretty well even if the adjusters were loose.)

Always a good idea to double check all work ever done to your bike. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.