Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a deposit (3 weeks ago)for a '09 250R...They called last week and said I should have it in 2 weeks. The dealer said he would not know what color until it hits his computer when it is about to be shipped. I had my heart set on black..but he called the other day and said it is showing blue.

Now, I want to take the fender off, so I am thinking of doing that, but what is your experience on state inspections. I live in PA, so if anyone can give a suggestion or if you have removed the fender, does it matter for State requirements, if any.

Thanks

·
Head Janitor
699 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
You can probably trim the fender with a dremel and a drill to clean it up a bit, and still keep it legal. Just remember to keep all the reflectors/lights on it. In california, the blinkers have to be 9 inches apart, and there's suppose to be a reflector on the back and sides I think. We rarely get ticketed for the reflectors, but it has happened. Also, we have to have a light shining down on the license plate, so if you remove the stock light that's on the fender, look under the tail and check to see if the brake light has a small panel that can be popped out. If it does, pop it out and cover it with some clear tape, that'll act as the license plate light and you'll be legal.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
lol I heard the 2009 are slowing coming it...
Not only are they slow coming in but from what I was told by friends who are sales managers at dealerships all the new 09's are going to customers who ordered their 08's that they never received first. Filling the oldest orders first then working down the list. But that could be just here in CA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.