Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm easily amused because my car gets crappy mileage, but so far my Ninja 250's mpg has been awesome! If I did the math right I'm somewhere around 45 or so mpg. Is that normal? What's the best you guys have done?

·
Registered
21 Posts
That sounds about normal to me. There are certain things that will affect the Ninja 250's mpg like what kind of jetting you're running, altitude, riding style, etc. I'm always twisting the throttle on my bike like there's no tomorrow so my numbers aren't quite as impressive. I've heard of people getting somewhere around 50mpg before. I think it's an urban myth.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
61 mpg for a Ninja 250 seems high to me. I don't really have much information to go on, but my gut just tells me that seems high. I might have to go and ride some more to experience it for myself.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I stand corrected then! Thanks Minichris. One of these days I'll get a friend to follow me and i'll run my gas tank dry. That'll show me the true Ninja 250 mpg. haha.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dang, I must have a heavy wrist or something because there's no way my Ninja 250 gets 65mpg. Those guys must be riding like grandmas!

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
^You're correct to get that fuel economy grandma status must be achieved; however, IMO these bikes are meant to be ridin with a heavy wrist!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ No kidding! Without a heavy wrist the Ninja 250's power won't even get you up a hill!

·
Registered
80 Posts
idk, i ride with a pretty heavy wrist but i still get around 60mpg. maybe its cuz im not very heavy. i'll have to keep track this summer

·
Registered
22 Posts
idk, i ride with a pretty heavy wrist but i still get around 60mpg. maybe its cuz im not very heavy. i'll have to keep track this summer
well but if your pic is current and correct. then it would be safe to assume that ur riding the earlier models which get higher MPG is that right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts