Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
dicks.

I'm sorry that none of these jack holes took the time to even let you know or even have the decency to give you a courtesy reply.. I realized alot of the guys on this forum is kind of just like that, so I might move to another forum. Anyway, From what I know the mirros are suppose to be seal tight from the factory. You have to take it to the dealer to get the original part, it's not something you can use locktite and other crap with.

I hope this helped some what. Mine is getting alittle loose too on the left side, So i have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If your model is 2008+, there should be a little foam cushion covering the Allen bolt that allows the mirror to swivel back and forth. Remove that piece and put it on a surface where you won't get dust on the sticky surface. Get an Allen wrench and tighten it enough that you won't strip it. After that, replace the foam cushion and it should be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your model is 2008+, there should be a little foam cushion covering the Allen bolt that allows the mirror to swivel back and forth. Remove that piece and put it on a surface where you won't get dust on the sticky surface. Get an Allen wrench and tighten it enough that you won't strip it. After that, replace the foam cushion and it should be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
I can't believe I've been looking for some answer to this for a week. It's like nobody understands on the 2008 body the mirrors swivel point gets loose. There is no screw to tighten. I swear I've read 12 forums and a half dozen comments in each where people are explaining how to tighten a screw. Lol It a rivet. It's a terrible design. Because there's no easy way to fix it. Your best bet is to think shims. Or get a washer that will fit but be tight. Cut it to make a slot for the rivet to pass through

1 - 5 of 5 Posts