Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an appt. Schedule for 1/2/09 at the DMV for my behind the wheel test.Can anyone give me some pointers re: the test.Circle, Cones ect...:biggrin2 Thanks...

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
For your M1? My suggestion is to take the MSF course. :lmfao

Go after hours or on weekends and practice the circles, and take a guess on the cone set ups they'll have or ask someone who's done the DMV test. I took the MSF class so the DMV riding test was waived for me.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
If you are not practicing in the actual DMV circle on the weekend there is a good chance you're going to be surprised when you do the on bike test. That circle is TINY! Your foot or your bike barely even touches the line and its an automatic fail. You put your foot down - automatic fail.
Are you riding the actual DMV course on the weekends?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are not practicing in the actual DMV circle on the weekend there is a good chance you're going to be surprised when you do the on bike test. That circle is TINY! Your foot or your bike barely even touches the line and its an automatic fail. You put your foot down - automatic fail.
Are you riding the actual DMV course on the weekends?
yes the DMV circle.I was told be an instructor that the circle was made bigger in diameter.So making it a little easier.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
yes the DMV circle.I was told be an instructor that the circle was made bigger in diameter.So making it a little easier.
Ok. Still, in all honesty, you really should take the MSF course. You will learn a lot of much needed skills that just taking the DMV riding test and riding a bit won't teach you.
But two thumbs way way up for practicing. :2thumbsup

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think im eventually going to take the course already had a few close call.:eek:hno

·
Registered
15 Posts
The MSF is def the way to go. I practiced before the Course but the Course was def worth doing. Now its mandatory in Florida so it dosent matter. I learned some good things that you cant teach yourself.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I've actually considered taking the MSF course again. It's been almost 13 years since I took it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree on taking the MSF course. I did and it was amazing. I too will consider taking it again, but it's only been a couple of months for me. I will definitely do the ERC sometime, though.

Oh, and my other purpose for taking the course was to avoid taking the DMV exam. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
There's a lot of stuff that you'll learn at MSF. I've applied some of them at gmr already. Pays for itself. Also, bring the card (MSF) to cyclegear and get a discount. Don't forget to look at the back of the dmv back for another discount at cyclegear.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I agree on taking the MSF course. I did and it was amazing. I too will consider taking it again, but it's only been a couple of months for me. I will definitely do the ERC sometime, though.

Oh, and my other purpose for taking the course was to avoid taking the DMV exam. :)
And 15% off insurance! :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help.Do you guys have suggestions for taking the course out here in socal.Any spots?never mind I just did a Google search found 5 in LA.$250 bucks though ???

·
Registered
227 Posts
There's a lot of stuff that you'll learn at MSF. I've applied some of them at gmr already. Pays for itself. Also, bring the card (MSF) to cyclegear and get a discount. Don't forget to look at the back of the dmv back for another discount at cyclegear.
I didn't know this, I have bought a couple of things at Cycle Gear and never thought about bringing my card with me. :eek:hcrap

And 15% off insurance! :D
Not with State Farm, though. It was still the best option for me, but no discount.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, that's really cheap. I had to pay ~$384 for it. Trust me, it's worth it. Just sell the HID and exhaust kit :noteeth
I will never sell the HID's or exhaust.im just going to have to pay for it.Oh well an iphone 3G can wait.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
It was $185 when I took, then after a few years they up'd the prices. It's still worth it though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I know. Just teasing you.

Smart choice, letting the iPhone wait :thumb
LOL.:noteeth

It was $185 when I took, then after a few years they up'd the prices. It's still worth it though.
Everything just keeps on getting more & more expensive.:flame3

1 - 20 of 25 Posts