Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, my name is Jason and i reside in Orlando, Fl......Just bought a green 08 and did the Monster Energy thing to it. I just started riding and I love it, I find myself going nowhere alot here lately. I gotta take my test next month for the endorsment so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Welcome your bike is ugly like mine is :D here is my baby Subzero has the same also.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Welcome to the site! :biggrin2

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hiya!

Are we talking about the MSF Course or just the test at the DMV?

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
15 Posts
MSF Course

The Basic Rider Course in CA:

Class: We started with 24 people here. The class moves REALLY fast. The textbook part is total class participation in groups. Pay attention here, we had a short test after we completed the 126 questions in class and you need to pass this.

Course: The skills or riding part of the class was broken into 2 classes, 12 people each. The 2 instructors I had start with really basic stuff such as controls, balance, clutch & the friction zone, etc. We completed a skills test at the end of the second day. They tested on braking, swerving, counterweighting and countersteering. The test works off a point system, the better your riding the fewer points you accumalate. Accumalate more than 21 points and fail. Points are bad here.

The class was really simple for the 12 people I rode with until we got to the "box". You are better riding outside of the box and gaining yourself a few negative points than putting your foot down or dropping the bike. FYI: drop the bike and automatically fail (only during skills testing, not practice). This is the only part of the testing that was difficult for anyone really. Check out the cheesy drawing I attached and ignore the imperfections in the lines. Enter the box, make two turns, one left one right and exit. Sounds easy, but the box is only the width of maybe one lane.

Gear: Your DOT approved helmet, light gloves, long sleeved shirt, jeans, over the ankle boots (don't need Sidi's here, that's overkill). Wear comfortable clothing because you won't hit 25 mph in this class. Take snacks and water with you. (Our class provides helmet and gloves if you don't have your own.)

Check out this book:
http://store.msf-usa.org/Store/MoreDetails.aspx?pid=135 OR
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=motorcycle+safty

Did you get the Monster helmet to match??? :naughty2

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts