Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang, I have been having ongoing issues with chest pain, "flushing", lightheadedness, etc. so the doc finally decided to put me on a monitor for the next two weeks.

It's kinda cool in a way..four leads on my chest, an over sized pendant and a cell phone they provide where the center is doing real-time monitoring of my heart activity. If anything odd happens, they will call my regular cell and check in.

And if I feel anything odd happening, I push buttons on the pendant which sets a "flag" of the event, and I select pre-loaded texts to send to the center on their phone.

After two weeks I send the whole mess back in a postage paid bag.

Hopefully this setup captures the events I have been feeling so they can finally get to the bottom of what's happening.

My dad had his first heart attack at 40 and was dead at 60. I am 50 and VERY concerned. At least I never smoked like my dad did, but I still have a lot of other risk factors.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Hey man I hope it's nothing major.

Fingers crossed..

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys..couple more days left of wearing this thing...I did have one minor "event" happen a few nights ago which I flagged for them to look at...I'll know in a few weeks or so what it was and if it was a heart issue or something to do with my chronic blood clot issues. I'll keep you updated as I get info from the docs. :)

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn, realized I hadn't checked back in on this thread... The results of the testing were sort of "negative"...I don't have a major issue.,.but I did get some palpitations recorded..had a low heart rate of 47 and a high rate around 195...all were "sinus rhythm" so not considered a precursor to a heart attack.

The cause is still as of today unknown...basically told this is just annoying but something I'll have to put up with. :eek:hcrap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts