Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice bike, I almost bought the red one. Be careful some MSF course are a con,atleast the one I went to in Norcal. I went to Bikesmart because it had good reviews, but what I didn't see are the bad filtered reviews on Yelp.I felt that I did really well enough to pass the test on the MSF course on the third day. However, they failed me and a few others. But they had no problem passing a girl who fell with one of her leg pinched under the bike. The only thing I could think of why they let her pass was because she was pretty and had a big rack. In addition, people at (Bikesmart) also passed girls who stalled on their bikes. The MSF course I went to seems like a fraud.

To make the long story short, I just took the skills test at the DMV and passed with ease. People are spreading rumors that the (MSF) course is an easier alternative to the DMV skills test. However, that's not always the case. I only paid somewhere under $20 for the skills test,whereas,I payed $250 for the MSF course. And if you fail the test, you have to pay another $60 bucks to get in and re-take the test. But there is a catch, you can only get in if someone doesn't show up that day...because you can only do walk-inns. The chances of you getting a spot is very slim because you have about a month before your chance for a re-take will expire, and then you have to pay another $250 to start again.

If I were you, I would just practice and take the test at the DMV. Why? it's simple, you save time and $250. It only takes 30 min to get your license at the DMV and not 3 days. I know you get a discount by taking the MSF course, but you are paying $250 on the spot. Anyways good luck you might run into a cool MSF course.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello,

BoBo if pippenv76 lives in Oregon then they are required to take the Team Oregon safety class before getting the endorsement through the DMV if under 45yr or 60yr old. Soon all persons will be required to take the Team Oregon test in order to get the endorsement. The nice thing about the Team Oregon class, all I had to do is take in the card I got for passing to the DMV to get my endorsement. Of coarse I didn't find out till after that I had to pay for the difference of the endorsement campared to standard license on top of the 200 for the class.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts