Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere i can possibly get my bike fuel injected, or buy a kit or something? I have heard you get more power with fuel injection, unlike with a car you get more power out of carbueration. just wondering...

·
Registered
113 Posts
More power can always be produced with fuel injection. There are still a few old timers that believe carbs are better, but it's simply not true. I know that many 250s around the world come with fuel injection, but I'm not sure that they make more power than the US 250, likely due to calibration. I have always thought about converting mine to EFI and I am glad you brought it up, I just hope someone else has more insight than me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I assume that chevygirl_78 either found an answer to this question long ago, or else lost interest for other reasons (new bike?). In any event, for any newcomer interested in this topic, I recommend a very thorough and well-made You Tube video posted two years ago by n4mwd entitled "Installing The Ecotrons EFI kit on a Ninja 250."

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's a lot of work but yeah Ecotrons makes the kit. Fuel injection is better and the main reason is because a carburetor can't monitor the air to fuel ratio for each individual cylinder. In other words, it's a more precise and efficient way of fuel delivery plus the ECU/EFI will constantly adjust. Carbs are cool though because of the simplicity. It would be nice to have direct-injection on our Ninja's though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I built a efi system using ebay parts I'm using a ninja 300 set throttle body 177cc/min fuel injectors 08 ninja 250 ecm/cdi/tci/ecu that I bought from a guy in Japan ninja 300 wiring harness ninja 300 o2 sensor universal high pressure fuel pump 300 map and tps 300 stator

·
Registered
2 Posts
I built a efi system using ebay parts I'm using a ninja 300 set throttle body 177cc/min fuel injectors 08 ninja 250 ecm/cdi/tci/ecu that I bought from a guy in Japan ninja 300 wiring harness ninja 300 o2 sensor universal high pressure fuel pump 300 map and tps 300 stator
What about flywheel/rotor/magneto pickups

1 - 7 of 7 Posts