Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first bike which is predictably a 2006 ninja 250. I got it with 1580 on the odometer and currently it has 2900 miles on it. I am thinking about riding it to new hampshire and maine just because I have never been to those states before. What do you guys think about a new rider going for a road trip like that? I am laid off for a few more weeks and it is getting colder so I want to do this before it starts to get chilly in the northern states.

drew

·
Registered
917 Posts
Well you've already put 1,000 miles on your bike. I would say go for it. It's a good experience. Even though you've only put 1500 miles on it, I would still suggest changing the oil before you go. Other than that, I would think you're good.

I've only taken a 5 hour trip(10 hours round trip), but I've taken it twice. I want to take a longer one, but anyway I had to stop about every 100 miles just to get my butt back in shape. I plan on getting some kind of seat cushion for my '07 to make the ride a little more comfortable. But I loved it, it's so much fun. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.