Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i changed the oil on the bike, I let it run for about 10 mins. I noticed that the air coming out of the exhaust was cold. Not cold cold, but about 72 degrees or so. I'm not sure what to make of it. Is this normal, or would this lead to motor problems down the line.

I did the proper oil change procedures. The motorcycle was running prior to oil change for a good 30 mins hitting above 6k rpms. Sat for about 20 mins for cool down and then drained. Replaced the oil with synthetic mobil 1. then turned on the moto for about 10 mins. Rode the bike for another 30 mins and checked for leaks and all that jazz and still had the same temp on the exhaust. I am also running my modified shorty stock can.

Any info will help. Thanks!

-chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wouldn't think that your oil change would have anything to do with exhaust temp. I never really thought about it, but I've never actually noticed "hot" exhaust temps at the muffler outlet. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned... What you should consider is if there was a noticeable change in exhaust temp from before any modification.. I suspect that you have not spent much time checking out the exhaust temps leaving the tail pipe and wouldn't be able to discern any noticeable change with out a measuring device.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after a few hundred miles after the oil change its not any different. Im going to assume that its fine and that the bike is running okay. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.