Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. New member here. I just learned the maximum load for the EX-250-F is 341 pounds. My weight is 220 pounds and my wife is 110 pounds. I would like to add soft saddle bags, a small rack and small soft bag on back rack. Should I worry about to much weight on the bike? I have read that it is a good idea to change stock rear shocks with the 500r rear shocks. If there is a problem this change should solve it, right? Thanks for your help. Ride safe my friends.

bud_44

·
Registered
917 Posts
I would think that would solve it. Hopefully the 500's max load is higher, pretty sure it is. The way you're displacing the weight, you may be able to get away with still using the stock shock, but I'd change it just to be safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've learned the maximum load on the older model Ninja 250 is 341 pounds. On the new model the maximum load is 375 pounds. Thanks for your help. Boy, it sure is hard to find a 2004 to 2006 Ninja 250 for sale. Ride safe my friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.