Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as I have stated in a few of my comments on other threads I am in the process of buying a Ninja 250R. But I'm running into tons of used bikes that people say have been laid down once or twice. So for my knowledge can anyone tell me is it or is it not a big deal to buy a bike that has been laid down.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
44 Posts
They're usually driveway drops. A lot of 250s are owned by first-time riders. A drop at speed would do plenty of visible damage. I'd say any damage you see is a good bargaining chip with the seller.

The damage that can occur from drops includes the obvious, like cracks and scratches on the fairings, but can also cause bent or fractured fairing brackets, footpegs, brake or shift pedals, and mufflers. On the 250, a drop can also bend the hand levers and even the handlebars, which can then start to rust at the connection to the risers.

You should check all that stuff on any bike that looks like it's been dropped, and check for bent forks or frame tubes on any bike that looks like it's been crashed.

Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ImageUploadedByMO Free1364875302.402299.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1364875309.250867.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1364875318.683933.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1364875329.295189.jpg

I may self don't really know what to look for so if you all could tell me if they look horrendous or if it looks like something happen other than a few drops. I know some look like skids so is that good or bad.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
As long as there are no signs of frame damage (look at ALL welds and bracket attach points...chipped paint is a sign of frame damage) or bent forks/wheels, then as the others have said, everything else is minor/cosmetic and should only be used to help get a cheaper price. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts