Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The July 2011 issue of Motorcyclist mag installed a set of Woodcraft Technologies Clip-ons with bars made exclusively for the 08-11 Ninja 250R. I thought you'd all like to see some pics before you spent $190 (including shipping) on a set for yourself. I wanted black bars, they also have chrome.

I re-attached the factory bars to help you see the difference. The level shows about a 3/4" drop from factory. The forward distance is between 2-1/2" at the controls to 3" at the outside. Full turn to the left shows the brake level just touching the body, which is same of both sides. But not an issue during riding.

The install is straight forward. Instructions simple. You will need to drill the new bars for the control tabs. Install the clip-ons and risers, then pull them rearward until they stop against the triple clamp. Be sure the clip-ons are pushed up flush with the upper triple. When they said they are as low as can be, they ain't kiddin'. I covered the tops of my fork tubes with black duct tape for now. I also installed Racetech 0.75kg fork springs and Gold Emulators which improved front end feel.

My factory bars were spaced outward at 28" inches bar-end to bar-end, I set the new bars at 27-3/4". Adjust your lever angle to fit in the deepest part of the body. But it felt good to me. I'm 5'9".

Overall, I like the new race feel. Much easier to lay down behind the windshield. These are not commuter bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The levers are all but touching the fairing. On U-turns, your fingers will get pinched, so turn slowly. But normal riding, no problems with touching.

As for the Race Tech springs and gold valves, I did the work myself, the instructions were easy to follow. I bought a new drill bit to bore out the metering rods and used a standing drill press and wood block clamp to hold the rods firmly in place for perfectly drilled holes. Remember, measure twice or three times, drill once. Be sure to have a rat-tail file to clean the new drilled holes of burs. The pin-lift stand allowed me to lift and hold the bike while I pulled off the fork-tubes. Get a tork-wrench. I've been wrenching motorcycles for a few years and also have the repair manual for added information which help me tackle the job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts