You can never be too safe when it comes to riding a motorcycle, but you can be well-prepared for unexpected turns of events by getting a set of modern riding gear. Recently, Alpinestars introduced a new version of their advanced airbag system called the Tech-Air 5. It is made in a form of a vest and it can be worn comfortably under any jacket.
You don’t need to be tethered to your bike to make the system work. It is fully autonomous and self-contained using an electronic module to send the signal to the canisters when the airbag is needed. 3 accelerometers and 3 gyroscopes detect a potentially dangerous situation on the road and deploy the airbag in less than 40 ms to cover the shoulders, ribs, back, and chest. The system works even when the bike is stationary and gets rear-ended.
Alpinestars® - Tech-Air 5 System Airbag Vest
• Autonomous airbag system with 6 integrated sensors
• Compatible with any motorcycle jacket
• Ensures outstanding upper body protection
• Inflation time: 20-40 ms
• Provides 95% decrease of impact force
• Covers shoulders, chest, ribs, and back
• Crash-detection algorithm is constantly improving
• Bluetooth connectivity to the Tech-Air app allows for firmware updates
• Gets active when zipped and the magnetic flap is closed
• LED display indicates operational status
• Rechargeable Li-ion battery provides 30 hours of riding time
• Magnetic micro USB charger included
Click the image to enter the product page for more information.
If you would like to browse the full catalog of Alpinestars products at MOTORCYCLEiD.com, press the "Shop Now" button below:
Feel free to contact us here if you have any questions, or you can call our specialists at 888.903.4344