Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2012 ninja 250cc. The previous wonder did not drive it for 6 months and it had off fuel in it. I drove it home and when I try taking off. Or even on neutral, I have to throttle it slowly otherwise the rpm cuts off and it dies..
I took the off fuel out after I got home , but I did ride it with that fuel for a bit. I changed the spark plugs, and the air filter is fine
P.s only done 4000km?
Is it the carby , fuel filter or what ?!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sounds like the carb is gunked up after sitting for awhile. I would try draining the 2 float bowls first. Run a small amount of some good fresh gas through with some fuel additive carb cleaner with the strongest mixture recommended. Then start it and run 4-5 litres of the same mixture, through it. See what happens, test it. If that doesn't work disconnect the fuel line from the tank, then funnel some type of fuel additive, that has cleaning properties in the carbs like Seafoam, techtron, startron, bleed the float bowl valves again until your carbs are full of the fuel additive cleaner, then let them sit for 24 or 48 hours. Drain, Test again. If this doesn't work then probably the carbs are going to have to come off and be cleaned thoroughly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts