Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any big guys out there I got a Queston. Im a big guy (5'9" 320)and new to riding. I like the 250r but it maybe to small. But I have no experiance except for MSF Course training Can I get some suggestions on what would be a good beginner for me. I dont like the styling fo the 500r.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am 6"1 and 105kg not sure what that is in pounds. However I would classify myself as a big guy.
I own a 2009 ninja 250 and it is perfect for what I need during my restricted license, I must spend a minimum of 3 yrs on lower level bikes and I find the power is more then enough for what I need. I take my bike on the freeway at speeds of 110km/h and it does quite well.
So if a 250 is what u want go and get one u won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same question!

About five weeks ago I was looking to get into my first sport bike. I'm 6'3' and 245lbs.
I naturally had a healthy fear of a larger displacement bike, but had equal fear of buying a 250 and being too big for it. I scanned forum after forum and it seemed that people were generally trying to steer beginners such as myself toward the larger displacement bikes... I'm glad I ignored their advice.
I now have 600 miles on my 2011 250R and it's awesome. My legs are a little bit too high when resting on the pegs to fit properly beside the tank but I got used to it in the first week.
The 250r has plenty of power on the back-roads and can propel you through turns as fast as you need it to. I've yet to have a disappointing moment while riding it.

Big guy tested and approved ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
i know this is kind of old but...

i was riding around the other day and a friend called me to pick them up. long story short i'm 150lbs and she was about 180lbs, and had two fully loaded sachelbags, both pretty heavy. i have lowering links so stability with a heavy passenger wasn't an issue, but the bike still pulled pretty well and still did 83mph (according to the speedometer) on the interstate, and i can only get to 92 myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 6'2" and 315ish I'm currently riding the wifes brand new 250r for the break in period until she gets her endorsement. I can tell ya that little bike strains a little hauling my ass up an incline but I cant wind it out too much as it only has 48miles on it right now... BUT OMFG is that little bike a kick in the ass to ride.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If your breaking it in the Kawasaki recommended way then yup it is frustrating for the first 800 km (500 mi.). Not over 4000 rpm. On a bike with such a small motor that translates into about 60 km/hr or 36 mi/hr in 6 th gear. :shakehead

I wonder if anybody at the factory has actually done this. It's a painful process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts