Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone.

I am yet another new rider from the valley of the sun in AZ. I don't have a bike yet and I am scheduled to take my MSF course tomorrow through Sunday.

I have decided I want a 250R as my first bike so I don't kill myself in the learning process. This is proving a bit difficult since '08 and '09 are scarce in the area and they are being overpriced. (If anyone has any leads, I'd appreciate it).

I am in North Phoenix, for those curious enough.

See you around.

·
Head Janitor
699 Posts
Yeah they increased the price on the 09 model, and dealer are gouging them like crazy. So it's probably best if you get a pre-08 if you don't want to pay up the ying yang for one. Oh, welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Best of luck in your search. :noteeth

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those dirty bastards! I called another dealership today with no luck. I talked briefly to the wife about getting a barely new (under 50 miles) 2007 for under $3000 but she said to better get an 09... cool! Now I just have to deal with those sales people.

·
Registered
54 Posts
MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE STILL SHOPPING.... HOLD OUT FOR THE BIKE YOU WANT. IF YOU SETTLE FOR YOUR SECOND OR THIRD CHOICE OR GOD FORBID SETTLE FOR WHATEVER IS AVAILABLE YOULL NOT ONLY REGRET IT, YOULL ALWAYS WONDER AND WANT THE OTHER BIKE... IF YOU WANT A NEW 250 ITLL BE WORTH THE TIME AND EXTRA $$$ TO SHOP IT OUT TILL U FIND "THE ONE":soapbox

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's my wife's position. And I am glad she's willing to spend more for that bike. I'll hold off until I go to the MSF course this weekend and go from there.

I'll keep you guys posted, but if anyone hears of an '08 (used, I don't care) for sale in the Phoenix area, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Check Craigslist and eBay. You may find "the one" on there. :D
NEVER settle. Buying a bike is like finding a mate. Get only what you want and will be happy with.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is not far at all. It says he is in Glendale and that's less than 20 miles from here (at most). I will send an email and see if he's willing to sell (since I don't have any 600s to trade.

Thanks a lot for the lead. I have just come back from the MSF class and it was a blast. I will definitely be getting a bike sooner rather than later (I passed the test, too; only those U-turns gave me problems at the end), so if you find any other leads, please hit me up.

I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
That's Glendale California. :lmfao

·
Registered
22 Posts
I almost bought a used 2007 250R for $3k but then found a used 2008 and timing dictated .... so i ended up getting the 08 instead for $3500 so either way i think it was a good deal but im really glad i got the 08 ...looks WAY better... both only had like 300-400 miles on em.

do your searching & researching... check craigslist religiously that's how i found mine ... took many weeks ...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I almost bought a used 2007 250R for $3k but then found a used 2008 and timing dictated .... so i ended up getting the 08 instead for $3500 so either way i think it was a good deal but im really glad i got the 08 ...looks WAY better... both only had like 300-400 miles on em.

do your searching & researching... check craigslist religiously that's how i found mine ... took many weeks ...
Thanks, I have been doing that, and so far the cheapest one is at $4499, 08 with 700 miles on it, but guy hasn't responded to my emails. There's an 07 with less than 100 miles at $2900, and the 09s are going for $5250 at least at the dealers.

Of course, I have been looking just a week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts