Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Thats some great advice... but I still wont lane split. Ive already had one door come flying open. Never again.
Did it happen on the freeway or on surface streets? I don't lane share much on surface streets, MAYBE to get to the front of a long row of cars at a light, but that's it.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I do it pretty frequently to be honest. I don't like cars that drive 10 mph under the speed limit, specially when they are side by side. Also in my area it can get quite busy between 3PM-7PM from all the people getting home from work so if I want to go anywhere I have no choice unless I want to be in stop and go traffic.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I do it pretty frequently to be honest. I don't like cars that drive 10 mph under the speed limit, specially when they are side by side. Also in my area it can get quite busy between 3PM-7PM from all the people getting home from work so if I want to go anywhere I have no choice unless I want to be in stop and go traffic.
Unless they're going 15mph, be careful with that, you can get ticketed for anything over 10 or 15mph.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Unless they're going 15mph, be careful with that, you can get ticketed for anything over 10 or 15mph.
Oh I know but that is a rare occasion otherwise when I do split lanes in traffic the traffic is usually going 3-5mph

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've clipped a cager mirror with my mirror before. Totally my fault, though, and I don't even think they noticed because it barely made a sound and the mirror didn't even budge.

·
Head Janitor
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Two cagers today almost clipped me while I was lane splitting. They changed lane abruptly w/o signaling, and close too. I decided to ride with my high beem on to make myself more noticeable. On top of that, a fellow biker cut me off close cuz I wasn't lane splitting ast enough for him. My bullet cam should be here soon. I have semi-permanently attached to my track bike so I'm a bit lazy to reuse it for my street bike. It's $50 for a 420-line bullet cam on ebay, reusing the DVR recorder from my track bike. It should be somewhat of an insurance in case something happen. :scooter.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Two cagers today almost clipped me while I was lane splitting. They changed lane abruptly w/o signaling, and close too. I decided to ride with my high beem on to make myself more noticeable. On top of that, a fellow biker cut me off close cuz I wasn't lane splitting ast enough for him. My bullet cam should be here soon. I have semi-permanently attached to my track bike so I'm a bit lazy to reuse it for my street bike. It's $50 for a 420-line bullet cam on ebay, reusing the DVR recorder from my track bike. It should be somewhat of an insurance in case something happen. :scooter.
Yeah, it helped Dawn...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xZtetIzIW4

Although I think they did up-play some of the stuff... the video (the raw footage) certainly came in handy to avoid the blame game when it came to the police report.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Don't let her hear you say that, she'll rip you a new one. According to her, it's a "black and white tiger stripe." lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a rider and still not that comfortable with lane splitting.There is a huge difference between lane sharing and lane splitting.Lane splitting is riding a bicycle or motorcycle between lanes in the same direction as traffic.Lane sharing is allowed in many states, as long as the two vehicles are both motorcycles.I honestly believe that lane-sharing is safer than sitting in the “sandwich zone” between two bumpers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts