Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening readers,

A few days ago I had ridden about 40 minutes from home, and the bolt from my shifter fell off. I didn't know what it was, until I'd ridden the last few miles in 1st and could park. I picked up an M8-1.25x35mm bolt, and tried to put it in today. It fit well, and enabled me to shift back up into neutral, but not into 2nd, 3rd, etc. Any idea what is going on? I really just want to get my bike back home, wash her, and tell her everything will be all right.

Here's an attached picture, the silver bolt is the one I put in today.

www.imgur.com/HuJzq.jpg

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just ran into something similar today. I had swapped my sprocket and put everything back together.(but didnt ride it after). I got on it today and when i tried to put it in 1st it wouldnt go so i looked it over and noticed that the shifter was to low. So i loosened the bolt that knuckles the shifting rod and repostioned my shifter and tightened it back up and it works fine. The bolt is a 10mm if that helps any. i dont know if thats gonna fix it but its worth a shot. the bolt im talking about is the one that slides on and off to remove sprocket cover(the one the other part of ur shifter connects to)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just ran into something similar today. I had swapped my sprocket and put everything back together.(but didnt ride it after). I got on it today and when i tried to put it in 1st it wouldnt go so i looked it over and noticed that the shifter was to low. So i loosened the bolt that knuckles the shifting rod and repostioned my shifter and tightened it back up and it works fine. The bolt is a 10mm if that helps any. i dont know if thats gonna fix it but its worth a shot. the bolt im talking about is the one that slides on and off to remove sprocket cover(the one the other part of ur shifter connects to)
:righton

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man I have it my bike too. It actually came out some 3 to 4 inches. This might be some problem that every bike like ours has. The bolt is not holding on perfectly. I think you should get the perfect bolt fitted as soon as possible or you will not be able to shift and pick up your engine smoothly. It will start beating up eventually.

----------------------------------------------
PONDERS G
www.microsoftoutlookemails.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is because the oem bolt is only threaded about have way the threads going all the way threw arnt letting you shift to the higher gears because the threads are stopping you but letting you go down to first because they run that way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts