Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Ok we all know that it took Kawasaki 20 years to redesign the 250R but what about the 500R and 650R? Sorry if you guys like them but I think they are fucking appalling, awful, bad, beastly, crabbed, cranky, despicable, disagreeable, disfigured, disgusting, dowdy, foul, frightful, gloomy, grave, grisly, gross, grotesque, gruesome, homely, horrible, loathsome, misshapen, mutilated, nasty, offensive, ominous, repellent, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, servile, terrible, toady, troublesome, unappealing, unattractive, unbeauteous, uncomely, unesthetic, unpleasant, unsightly, vile, wretched......

Anyways I personally think that Kawasaki needs to come up with a different body design. I'm sure all the new riders with their 250's right now are feeling good about riding and want a bigger bike. Now I know once a person is happy with one company that that person will usually go back for more. Now if what they are looking at is a 500R(or 650R) but it looks ugly, they wont want to buy it and they would buy the ZX-6R because the bike is pretty. Most of us will agree that the ZX-6R isn't really for beginner riders. So basically in all this ranting and raving, Kawasaki needs to improve these two bikes in my opinion. :scream :sorry

· Registered
22 Posts
I've often confused the new 250 for the 650 and vice versa at a quick first glance, so I can't say, nor would I want to, that the 650 is ugly. I also agree with Vtec44. I figured the 650 was the 500's replacement.

It's kind of sad that people are using looks as the primary criterion in their decision of which bike to buy, though.

· Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've often confused the new 250 for the 650 and vice versa at a quick first glance, so I can't say, nor would I want to, that the 650 is ugly. I also agree with Vtec44. I figured the 650 was the 500's replacement.

It's kind of sad that people are using looks as the primary criterion in their decision of which bike to buy, though.
I never get confused between the 250 and the 650. The 650 is indeed ugly, its not aggressive looking for a 650cc sport bike. I honestly do not see anything sporty about it. The can looks ugly, the wind screen looks to narrow and long for the bike. And whats with the huge spring that shows? If you really want to compare the 250 to the 650, the 250 is a third of the size. So if the handle bars aren't low like a ZX's on a 250 thats fine because of the size of the bike. The seat doesn't look like its slanted forward at all on the 650 which would help the rider feel a more aggressive ergonomics of the bike. But the 250 does have that(well at least the 08's do). All in all its time for a make over. And I'm not just comparing it to looks only. I'm sure they ride nice but most people do buy bikes because of looks. Everybody knows that and those are called "Squids".

· Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm a squid, cuz I buy bikes because of the looks. :D Seriously, especially when it comes to 600cc bikes. The specs are so close that you just buy which ever you think look the best.
Thats different Vtec. No not all 600's are the same. The R6 is one of the lighter 600's and is very flickable. Honda's 600RR seems to be like the 250R when it comes to the power band, they seem to be stronger in the mid range to high rpms. The ZX-6R is kind of a cross between the 2. Its fairly light and maneuverable as well as having a power band with the mid range to high rpms. So each bike does very a bit. And also depends on your driving style.

· Head Janitor
699 Posts
The 600RR is the lightest bike of all 600cc, even lighter than the Triumph 675 which is a 3-cylinder. The R6 has the highest red line, corrected or uncorrected, and much more narrow power band = power all up top and not as strong in mid-range. It's "flickability" comes from the stock aggresstive steering geometry, which can pretty much be setup on any bike by lower the front or raise the rear. The 600RR doesn't have the high end grunt, but mid range and low end is a lot more useable, red line is still around 15500. Torque curve on the 600RR seems to be more flatter, which in turn translates to smoother and more continuous pull throughout the rev range. The 600RR is the only 600cc supersport that doesn't have a slipper clutch, although it does come with Honda's own version of Intake Air Control Valve (suppose to behave similar to a slipper clutch and also smooth out on/off throttle input). As far as seat hight, R6 is the talest where the GSXR600 has the lowest. Regardless of all the specs I read from magazines, I still prefer the looks of the 600RR if I get another track bike. Lap times based on several magazines are pretty close on all bikes, so close that it comes down to who's the better rider. So a lot of people out there buy it mainly because of looks. We all know most won't be able to take advantage of a lighter bike, more hp, slipper clutch, etc. It's more for bragging rights than anything. :D

· Registered
229 Posts
IMHO, if i was kawasaki i wouldnt redesign the 500r until after 2 years of the new 250r redesign. I bet that kawasaki was debating if the new design should go to the 500r or the 350r. And since that the 250r would be the best bet to go for they went with it.

In due time the 500r will get a new look. But its not like a car where a company will release multiple redesigns to get ppl tooking at thier products.

I agree with vtec when he says that the 600's other are so close that it all depends on the looks when it comes to choosing what you want. Every bike has a particular look that usualy stays the same. but weather you want cat eyes, tiget stripes or cyclops like projector headlamps its all up to the consumer.

I believe that kawasaki knows that their 250r community will be looking to upgrade after 2 years, and thats when they make a move to have the new redesigned 500r and 650r out on the market!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.