Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Head Janitor
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a while since I rode a carburetor bike so maybe I just need to change my riding habit. It seems like my 250R doesn't response to throttle input and would stall out if I give it a quick throttle when the RPM is below 2k. If it's above 2k then it wont' stall if I give it a quick throttle. Does your do that? I mean I can see this is a bitch to start out when going up hill because it does it when it's completely warmed up. It could be that the plugs are fouled and are not sparking well. :eek:hno

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
It has been a while since I rode a carburetor bike so maybe I just need to change my riding habit. It seems like my 250R doesn't response to throttle input and would stall out if I give it a quick throttle when the RPM is below 2k. If it's above 2k then it wont' stall if I give it a quick throttle. Does your do that? I mean I can see this is a bitch to start out when going up hill because it does it when it's completely warmed up. It could be that the plugs are fouled and are not sparking well. :eek:hno
I have no issues with my bike when it comes to throttle response. I think you may have a faulty spark plug. I live on top of a hill and there is a stop sign half way up, and I have no problems with it. Good luck on trying to find out whats wrong with it.

·
Head Janitor
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I feather the clutch at around 3-4k rpm so it won't stall on me. I just hate doing that because it seems like I'm going to wear the crap out of the clutch. On my track bike, you just need to let go the clutch and the bike will move on it's own, without reving it up. I took the bike out for a quick 100m ride, it seems to be fine just need to keep the rev high. The throttle seems to be better when the bike is hot, as in like 10 minutes of freeway ride of about 80-90mph. I guess it's just the nature of carburetor bikes.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
You can if you dump the clutch too fast, which is what I was referring to since he's talking about take-offs.
Thats true but most people who have been riding for awhile don't dump the clutch ever, unless it was on purpose.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Sorry Vtec for the :jacked but if I were you I'd pull the plugs just to make sure.

·
Head Janitor
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I'll probably do it tomorrow after work or something. I just put the damn thing back together :scooter

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Did you jet it yet???????

I had that problem till I did the jetting on my bike. Never happened again after that.

·
Head Janitor
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll probably going to raise the needle just a bit. It's been okay so far so I'm not going to worry about it for now. Thanks sweety. :scooter

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I'll probably going to raise the needle just a bit. It's been okay so far so I'm not going to worry about it for now. Thanks sweety. :scooter
I'm telling wifey.:nono:noteeth

·
Premium Member
345 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I told her you were allowed to watch but she wouldn't go for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know about the '08, but it's common for the older 250s to do the whole stall-when-suddenly-giving-it-throttle-in-low-RPMs deal. It only happens just after a cold start and the problem goes away after even a short bit of riding, like just down the neighborhood street. Just a small quirk of the bike that you've got to get used to.

And regarding the comments about the 250 doing wheelies: Yes, you can very much so get it to do wheelies by revving it up and dumping the clutch. Don't ask how I know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts