Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike runs fine until it gets warmed up. Then it dies everytime I let off the throttle... It did it today after driving about 10-15 miles. I let off the throttle and squeezed the clutch to downshift coming up on a red light and when I stopped, the bike was off. (I nv released the clutch either, so I know I didn't stall it myself) And it did this every time I stopped until I parked. I went in the mall it had about a half an hour cooldown time, and didn't do it again the whole way home. Wtf lol any advice?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
478 Posts
What is your idle speed set at when it is warmed up?
Did your bike sit over the winter months? If so, how was it stored?
Have you considered using a fuel treatment like Star Tron Fuel Treatment?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bike sat for about 3 years when I bought it. I picked it up off the guy and took it straight to the shop. I got an oil change, new oil and air filter, spark plugs, had the carbs rebuilt, the gas tank treated then cleaned with minerals. Since then I've only put about 70 miles on it myself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I try to keep the idle around 1500 but its sporadic, it will stay there and then randomly be at like 5000. I'll turn it back down to 1500 it will stay there and then die later on. I'm so close to junking it lol I'm so easily frustrated. I'm a new rider and this bike's ruining my experience lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts