Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed the front sprocket to 15t and it dropped the rpm by 500. I did not think it was going to make a big difference but it did. Freeway at 80mph indicated is a lot smoother. Also, tried it in the canyons (GMR) today and it feels like it should have come from the factory like that. Mostly use 3rd & 4th up the canyons, Perfect!

·
Head Janitor
699 Posts
Did you notice any difference in torque when staring the bike from a dead stop? I'm thinking about doing that because it's a lot cheaper than changing the rear sprocket. Also, where did you get the 15t sprocket and the part #?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I got it from denniskirk.com
Here's the link to the part: http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...roductId=p80985&leafCatId=41508&mmyId=8200014

There is a slight difference in torque but not a big deal; very, very light diff. Taking off from a stop light you can stay a tad bit longer in first compared to as before. It's like the fifth gear became sixth and sixth became seventh.

Also you will need a spacer for the sprocket, cuz this is actually for the 07 250s and their sprockets are thinner by 1 mm. I installed it without the spacer, from what I read it's negligible. I will install it when I get the part in the mail. The spacer cost between .88 to 1.33 depending where you buy/order it. The shipping will actually cost more. I ordered mine from bikebandit. Look under transmission for the Spacer part# 92200A

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been looking into this for a bit. 15/43 seems to be a pretty good gombination. Drops the RPM around 1000 RPMs. This will be the next mod for me.

If I remeber right, the 15T from a 500 is the same as what the new 250R takes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Changed the front sprocket to 15t and it dropped the rpm by 500. I did not think it was going to make a big difference but it did. Freeway at 80mph indicated is a lot smoother. Also, tried it in the canyons (GMR) today and it feels like it should have come from the factory like that. Mostly use 3rd & 4th up the canyons, Perfect!
thanks for the info.You wouldnt have any install pics??? will be very helpful. Im glad that someone figured out how to get the rpm's lower at higher speeds.cant wait to do this mod.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info.You wouldnt have any install pics??? will be very helpful. Im glad that someone figured out how to get the rpm's lower at higher speeds.cant wait to do this mod.
Sorry! I didn't take any pictures. I just couldn't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Uh remove the sprocket cover and take some pix damn it! LOL :scooter Did you ever get the spacer?
Yup! Got the spacer and installed it last week. Taking pic's and installing stuff takes time. I figured it's too simple of a job to take pic's. Next time!:photo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts