Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum banner

Bought my first bike, just painted my rims

6K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Ltizzle 
#1 ·
Got my 1st bike. 2000 ex250 f-14 ninja 250r. Paid $650 for it + my $526 bill from the shop I took it to. Got the carbs & gas tank rebuilt/cleaned. New air filter, oil filter, oil changed. Rode it for the first time 2 days ago. (DROPPED IT ALREADY.) Trying to turn right at a stop sign, hit gravel and squeezed my front brakes. Since my handle bars were turned completely right, I fell sideways :( fml. My bike is Midnight blue w/ silver flakes, and it had purple rims. (barney purple) so I painted them yesterday. I'll post pics of the damage I did dropping it & b4/after or the rims. I'm taking my permit test Tuesday then scheduling my MSF course. But I'm 100% open to any help I can get. Advise? Remarks? I wish I could ride as good as I paint Lmfao!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#8 ·
No advise for the test to be honest other than have fun and don't be afraid to go a little out of your comfort zone when practicing for the test. Not too far, but doing so a little bit will help you to understand that you're more in control than you think you are. It's easy to feel like the bike's in control when you're first starting out, but don't worry, it gets much easier

as for the fall, that's why it's a beginner's bike! These bikes are tough though. I think every EX250 has a chip on it like that, mine does and so does anyone else's that I know of that has one. You can always wet sand the spot and paint it if it bothers you too much.

The rims look nice! Good luck on the MSF course

#9 ·
I appreciate it. And I'm trying to just get the feel of the bike still. I've ridden dirt bikes a lot, but I'm slowly learning there's no comparison. The earliest opening for the MSF is over a month away and about 80 miles away. So I hav time to practice a little bit at home and in my neighborhood. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#13 ·
in Texas, as of 2010 (I think), the MSF course is mandatory to get your license. Also driver's ed is mandatory to your car driver's license

I took the MSF course then took the computer test and go my license.

I would still recommend the MSF course. I could already ride and thought the course was going to be a real drag, but I really enjoyed it and learned a lot more about my bike and riding in general. I was also able to hone skills the proper way to ensure correct techniques which, in turn, will help keep me safe

#15 ·
before the MSF class

I rode around my neighborhood with my husband on my 250 just enough to get a feel for the bike. I did that for a couple of days and then a took the MSF course. Getting on a bike even a little before the class helped but they will teach you a ton at the class. I got my license last week and have already done 2 solo rides. Personally I feel I am able to apply the skills learned in the class outside of the parking lot better then during the class but I think that all comes with practice and confidence. Good luck at the class and have fun!
:scream

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.