Trying to install an outlet to charge iPhone - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Arrow Trying to install an outlet to charge iPhone

Hey guys, so I am wanting to install an outlet for any usb device that needs charging (mainly my iPhone). I think I know what parts to get to install it directly to the battery, it seems pretty straightforward. My question is: How do I install this so that it is only on while the bike is running? I don't want it to be draining my battery when it is just sitting and not turned on. Do I need to get a switch for it? Can I just run the wire to the same circuit as the normal headlight? Any help would be greatly apprectiated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 06:10 PM

I imagine you will be buying a kit? Should have everything you need in it. These usually have a jumper cable/lead that you bolt right to you battery posts. They are a similar set up as a car cigarette lighter or charging outlet. The only time they draw power is when you actually have something plugged in. Shouldn't need a switch. I have heated gloves that I connect to the battery like this. The main jumper/lead has an inline fuse. Then there is an inline connection that I plug the wire for the gloves into. Just don't leave your phone plugged in too long without the bike running or yes it will drain the battery.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 05:21 AM

Like Turtle said, the circuit's incomplete if something's not plugged into the outlet. So anytime you have the bike off, just unplug whatever you have/had charging and the outlet won't draw any power from the battery.

It's a very simple install. Here's how I did mine http://www.fantasyshark.net/forum/in...2309#msg352309

The first pic that doesn't show is just the packaged outlet. The 88-07 model 250 has accessory wires in the front of the bike and on the side behind the fuse box. I just cut off the original connectors and installed billet connections. The velcro has held up very well and the outlet has never fallen off. And it sits flushly against the fairing as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement