Massive fuel leak - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Massive fuel leak

Okay so I just bought an 05 Ninja 250 from a friend just last week. 15k miles. I've been riding it almost everyday without a problem (other than a shifter problem that i'll address at the end) Okay so last night I get out of work at about 2am. Cold start as usual takes a bit longer than usual, but I ride home no problem. This morning I wake up and go to work again at about 8am. Bike is garage kept so it starts like a charm. Ger to work no problem. Get out about 5pm and ride home no problem at all. I get home and change my front brake pads. Takes about 10 minutes. So I go around my neighborhood to test my new pads. Go down the cul-de-sac and as soon as I get to my driveway the bike dies. I keep on trying to start but it dies seconds later. My brain says "hey you forgot to turn the fuel on" so I look down and my fuel is off. I says "duh" I turn it on and try to start the bike. It runs then dies. I look down while I'm trying to start it and while it's trying to start, fuel is pissing onto the floor from the carburetor it seems. So now I have half the bike apart trying to find the problem. One of the big rubber hoses that goes from the carb to the air box was half disconnected but I don't think thats where the leak came from. I am very much mechanically inclined as I'm going to school to be a diesel technician. Any help is greatly appreciated I have the tools and slight experience. sorry for the essay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 08:50 AM

I would check the clamps and carb boots. You could also try using baby powder or something similar to see if you can pinpoint the leak. Pinpointing the leak is priority #1.

Hopefully it's the carb boot or a hose that can be replaced. Could be a gasket within the carbs. You'd like to get this done without having to really get into the carbs because with that comes a lot more work, as I'm sure you know.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

welp. forgot to post it, but I got it fixed. Pretty much took the airbox and carbs out. Cleaned out the carbs. one of the boots from the airbox to the carbs was only clamped halfway but that couldnt be the problem since no fuel passes through there. Couldnt pinpoint the leak exactly but I got it fixed and tuned up the carbs anyways. she runs good with no leak now. right in time for work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement